Aloha!
I designed this nail art for a contest and guess what? I was one of the winners! =D
So here's the explanation:
I was inspired by Mumbai, India.
Mumbai is perhaps better known as "Bollywood", where all the famous Indian movies are made.
I wanted to reflect the crowdiness, the variety, tradition and richness of Mumbai on my nails.
I will discuss each nail separately (in the photo from top (pink) to bottom (thumb)):
Mumbai is perhaps better known as "Bollywood", where all the famous Indian movies are made.
I wanted to reflect the crowdiness, the variety, tradition and richness of Mumbai on my nails.
I will discuss each nail separately (in the photo from top (pink) to bottom (thumb)):
- Pink: I based this one on traditional wall paintings of Indian women, very simple and yet so detailed.
- Ring finger: Indian Henna (or Mehndi)!
- Middle finger: The middle finger was inspired by a beautiful Indian belt, with large turquoise stones, that I own.
- Index finger: This finger represents a sari (the scarves and dresses that women wear).
- Thumb: Of course I wanted something architecturally. This is the gate of Mumbai, a well known building.
All I have to say is WOW!
ReplyDeleteYou are extremely talented :))))
xo
Begrijpelijk dat je gewonnen hebt!! Zo mooi... ik heb het geduld niet om iets te doen lijken op deze kunstwerkjes :o chic
ReplyDeletewow those are INCREDIBLE nails! you look amazing and transported out of this world!
ReplyDeletepandaphilia fashion
oh my.. gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteyou should open a nail art boutique or something
all are so pretty!
<3
http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/
i seriously enjoyed going through your blog and this one just WOWed me.
ReplyDeletedefinitely following you.
wow, this looks so cool! xx
ReplyDelete